Aquatic Specialist and Operations Assistant
The Pond and Lake Connection- Reports to Franklin, CT
The Pond and Lake Connection (www.thepondconnection.com) is a growing full service pond and lake management
company serving the NY Tri-State Area for over twenty years.
Any combination equivalent to: Work experience in landscape/ tree/ turf grass
maintenance or aquatic management that includes application of pesticides or Degree in
Environmental Sciences, Biology, Fisheries, Lake or Wetlands Management
Possession of a valid Driver’s License, Boating License;
ability to remain insurable. *Must have a pesticide applicators license with or willing to
obtain (aquatic vegetation control 5A) for CT, MA, RI or VT for the 2021 season.
Aquatic management for vegetation and invasive weed control in golf course, residential,
municipal and commercial ponds and lakes across CT, MA, RI, VT .
- Inspects pond, lakes and other bodies of water to identify aquatic weed/ algae infestation
and determine corrective action.
- Prepares and applies aquatic algaecides, herbicides,
and biological controls.
- Installation and troubleshooting of aeration equipment.
- Operates boats and spray equipment; orders and maintains an inventory of product and
- Completes and Files DEP / DEC / EPA Permits
- Keeps accurate records and
submits reports required.
- Mechanical and/or manual cutting of aquatic vegetation.
- Performs other related duties as required: fish stocking, bathymetric surveys and account
- Attends meetings and trade shows.
Knowledge of aquatic plants common to the area and methods used in their eradication
and control; principles, methods, techniques, materials, and tools pertaining to the
handling and application of aquatic pesticides. Candidate should be familiar with roadways
in the tri-state area. Ability to effectively and efficiently work independently with an
assigned schedule; communicate effectively and represent the company in a professional
manner; understand and carry out oral and written instructions and meet deadlines, with
consideration of changing priorities and weather conditions. Ability to drive a truck & tow
Salary Range and Benefits:
Competitive compensation based on experience, education and certifications.
NO WEEKENDS OR HOLIDAYS, Paid time off, 401K w/ matching, profit-sharing, Health
This is a year round, long term position.
Position to start January 2021
Please email or fax resume to: [email protected] / fax: 203-885-0873
Tagged Under: Job Listing