The 2020 NY AFS meeting was held from February 5-7th in Lake Placid, hosted by the High Peaks Resort.
The theme this year was Coldwater Fisheries in light of Climate Change.
Thanks to our great group of plenary speakers that presented on various aspects of this topic:
- Brian Lantry, Supervisory Fish Biologist, USGS, Great Lakes Science Center, NY
- Ashley Moerke, Director of the Center for Freshwater Research and Education, and Professor, School of Natural Resources and the Environment, Lake Superior State University, MI
- Tony David, Director of the Environment Division, Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe, NY
- Nathaniel Hitt, Research Fish Biologist, USGS, Leetown Science Center, WV
- Paul Hai, Associate Director of the Adirondack Ecological Center and Northern Forest Institute, SUNY-ESF Newcomb, NY
Brett Towler and Bryan Sojkowski, USFWS (Sunderland, MA) lead the Wednesday workshop on fish passage.
Missed Past Meetings? No Problem, check below