New York Chapter of the American Fisheries Society
2023 Annual Meeting
February 8-10, 2023
Charles B. Wang Center, at Stony Brook University
“Then and Now” Dynamic Fisheries in Changing NY Waters
Aquatic ecosystems within and surrounding New York have experienced unprecedented change over the past several decades largely due to anthropogenic stressors such as climate change and fishing pressure. This NYCAFS meeting will look to the past and explore how this history, coupled with modern management and techniques, has led to current issues and shaped the state of our fisheries today. This meeting seeks to present science and research, as well as personal and professional experiences, that highlight the significance of how understanding these changes is paramount in the effort to create a sustainable future.
Program and Schedule – https://newyork.fisheries.org/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/2023_NYAFS_Program.pdf
Registration Page – https://newyork.fisheries.org/2023-registration/
Abstract Submission – https://newyork.fisheries.org/2023-abstract-submission-page
Workshop – An Introduction to Aquatic Invasive Species Resources and Identification, February 8, 2023 1-4pm
Join the Long Island Invasive Species Management Area (LIISMA) for our Aquatic Invasive Species Identification Workshop. LIISMA is one of the eight Partnerships for Regional Invasive Species Management (PRISM) in New York State that can coordinate management and outreach regarding invasive species. After a brief presentation on LIISMA and the resources that your local PRISM can provide to you, we will lead a workshop in identifying aquatic invasive species in the northeastern region, their ecological and economic impacts, and ways to report them if found.
Meeting fees –
- AFS Member (full meeting $175 / 1 day $125)
- Non-AFS Member (full meeting $200 / 1 day $150)
- Student (full meeting $100 / 1 day $50)
- Retiree (full meeting $125 / $75)
- Hilton Garden Inn Stony Brook : https://goo.gl/maps/rrwQq2xaoh9Twjnr8
- Hotel in walking distance to the venue.
- Block of 60 Rooms Reserved at $139 per night.
- Reservations can be made by calling the hotel at 631-941-2980 and use the group reservation code AFS23.
- Block Reservations must be made by January 8th, 2023.
- Holiday Inn Stony Brook: https://g.page/HIExpressSB?share
- Hotel is 3.6 miles from the Wang Center and provides a free shuttle from the hotel to the Wang Center.
- Block of 40 rooms reserved at $119 per night.
- Reservations can be made by calling 1-800-Holiday or using this link Habitat Conservation and Enhancements
- Reservation Group Code: HCE
- Block Reservations must be made by January 8th, 2023
Missed Past Meetings? No Problem, check below