As you have (hopefully) heard or seen by now, our 2020 Meeting is about two months away at the High Peaks Resort in Lake Placid, New York.
As your President-elect, I am charged with soliciting items for raffle during our annual banquet.
The funds from the raffle support the NY Chapter student travel program and we are looking to our members for contributions.
We have had an early response from a number of corporate sponsors, and we are holding out for a strong response from local businesses in the Adirondacks. But, historically the bulk (and often the best!) of our raffle items come from within our own membership.
Do you have any of the following in your home, office, or lab?
- Fishing, outdoor, or sampling gear in good condition that you never used or may never use again
- Swag that you’ve picked up at trade shows or meetings in the past year
- Classic fishy reference books or periodicals with awesome cover art sitting in a dust bin
- Fishy artwork – always a crowd pleaser and we have some real talent in the chapter!
- Unwanted items from the holidays you don’t have time to return, but would like to re-gift
- Anything else you can think of that someone may or may not actually want to take home
If you have any of these items and would like to contribute, please contact me directly (Dan Stich [email protected]).
Finally, if you represent an agency, an institute, a school, a non-profit, a sub-unit, or other group that might be willing to make a donation (a hat, a t-shirt, an honorary annual membership), please let me know.
A huge thanks to all in advance, and we look forward to seeing you at Lake Placid!
Recently released from the gradebook,
P.S. Registration and abstract submission are now open through the NYCAFS website: https://newyork.fisheries.org/annual-meeting/.
You can now book your room in the NYCAFS room block at the High Peaks Resort, or make other nearby accommodations.
Tagged Under: 2020 NYAFS Annual Meeting