Our annual meeting draws near!
- Saving some trees! We have a draft version of the Program and Abstracts available online.
There will be a very limited number of Programs and Abstracts available at the conference, so we recommend downloading and printing them before you join us at the meeting.
- We need judges for student presentations! Here is a message from Abigail Archer (NED) and Brian Weidel (NY Chapter):
Calling all Northeastern Division and New York Chapter Members!
Are you going to attend the meeting in Poughkeepsie on February 6-8, 2019?
If yes, consider being a judge for the Best Student Paper and Best Student Poster contest.
We have 16 student posters and 23 student talks. Help the next generation of fisheries scientists improve their communication skills!
Sign up here:
Please contact Abigail Archer [email protected] or Brian Weidel [email protected] with any questions.
- We have max’d out the Poughkeepsie Grand Hotel! There are two alternatives in reasonably close proximity (2-3 miles away on Rte 9 south of Poughkeepsie):
- Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie. Address: 2750 South Rd, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601; Phone: (845) 473-1151. They are holding rooms at a discounted rate ($104) – but you might be able to find a better rate through a booking website.
- Courtyard by Marriott Poughkeepsie. Address: 2641 South Rd, Poughkeepsie, NY 12601; Phone: (845) 485-6336.
- Workshop cancelled: Sadly, we have to cancel our Wednesday workshop on fish passage. Our workshop convener, a US Fish and Wildlife Service employee, will not be allowed to travel to Po’k, as they are under orders to catch up on 5 weeks’ worth of lost worktime. We hope to be able to hold this workshop at another date. Sorry!
Please don’t forget to register ahead of time at our website: https://newyork.fisheries.org/annual-meeting/.