Aquaculture Education Specialist – University of Vermont
Applications should be submitted by September 3, 2020
The University of Vermont is hiring an Aquaculture Education Specialist to enhance productivity and opportunity in aquaculture in the Lake Champlain basin and Vermont. This 1-year temporary full-time position will organize a community of practice of aquaculture producers, and develop and implement a tailored education program that enhances knowledge of aquaculture technologies and production of marketable species/products. This position will convene an advisory committee to inform project efforts, build connections between business advisors and aquaculture businesses, and develop communications tools to highlight project activities.
Applicants should have the following or equivalent:
- associates or bachelor’s degree in biology, fisheries, or related field;
- knowledge of the science and operations of traditional aquaculture systems;
- experience operating aquaculture systems, particularly recirculating aquaculture systems (RAS);
- knowledge of direct marketing and distribution is desirable;
- familiarity in using web-based conferencing tools and the Microsoft Office suite;
- ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- ability to work independently and be innovative in solving problems;
- and possess a valid driver’s license and be able to provide own transportation to and from various work sites and locations (if applicable, based on COVID-safety recommendations during the project period).
To apply, submit cover letter and resume via email with subject line “Aquaculture Education Specialist application” to [email protected].
The University is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the institution. Applicants are encouraged to include in their cover letter information about how they will further this goal.
The University of Vermont is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category legally protected by federal or state law.
Tagged Under: Job Listing