Fish Hatchery Technician
One Full-Time Permanent Salaried Position
Cold Spring Harbor Fish Hatchery & Aquarium
1660 Route 25A
Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724
Phone: (516) 692-6768
Fax: (516) 692-6769
Date Posted 12/6/2018
- Fish Culture: All phases of propagation, care and stocking of trout species
- Education: Conduct onsite and outreach education programming
- Aquarium: Maintain Freshwater Fish, Reptile and Amphibian Exhibits
- Operation & Supervision: Supervise all part time staff (up to 3) and volunteers (as many as 10) Coordinate volunteer program
- Customer Service: Provide service for admissions, gift shop and public fishing.
- Facility Maintenance: Grounds care and building maintenance
- A degree in Fisheries / Aquaculture or a closely related field.
- At least 1 year of experience at a fish hatchery.
- Demonstrated experience managing a staff or group of volunteers.
- Must have general skill in carpentry, electric and plumbing.
- Must be able to operate small power equipment (lawn mowers, trimers, pumps, etc.)
- Must be able to lift 45 pounds repeatedly.
- Must work in all weather conditions.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication.
Salary range of $28,000 to $34,000
Health, Dental, & Vision
Please email a Resume, DMV Standard Driving Record and 3 References
Send all application materials to [email protected]
Open until position is filled.
Please no phone calls