2023 NY Chapter AFS Abstract Submission Page
“Then and Now” Dynamic Fisheries in Changing NY Waters
NY AFS ANNUAL MEETING 2023
February 8th-10th, 2023
Location: Charles B. Wang Center, at Stony Brook University.
This year’s theme is “Then and Now” Dynamic Fisheries in Changing NY Waters
Aquatic ecosystems within and surrounding New York have experienced unprecedented change over the past several decades largely due to anthropogenic stressors such as climate change and fishing pressure. This NYCAFS meeting will look to the past and explore how this history, coupled with modern management and techniques, has led to current issues and shaped the state of our fisheries today. This meeting seeks to present science and research, as well as personal and professional experiences, that highlight the significance of how understanding these changes is paramount in the effort to create a sustainable future.
We are looking forward to receiving your abstracts within this theme and beyond.
- Deadline to Submit Abstracts is Friday January 20,2023.
- Please prepare abstracts to include title, author(s), presenting author (indicate if student), and abstract (<200 words).
- Use a brief descriptive title and avoid acronyms or scientific names in the title unless the common name is not widely known
- Please select the type of abstract (Oral Presentation vs Poster) you are submitting.
- Oral Presentations will be 20 minutes in length (~15 minutes plus ~5 minutes for questions).
- Posters must be 24”x36” Portrait Orientation and have a have a rigid backer such as cardboard or a poster backing board to fit properly in the venues poster mounting system.
- Student Presentations and Posters will be judged for Best Student Presentation/Poster Awards.
Presenters will be notified of their acceptance and presentation time/location by January 24th, 2023. Please contact Chapter President Joseph Cassone at [email protected] and the Program Committee at emails below with questions.
Dr. Yong Chen : [email protected]
Dr. Michael Frisk: [email protected]
Robyn Linner: [email protected]
Katrina Rokosz: [email protected]
Allegra Ervin: [email protected]
Madison Muehl: [email protected]
Tatum Eigenberger: [email protected]
Krystina Braid: [email protected]